I finally got through to the Ministry of Agriculture, they called me back with name of the trainer in Belmont who could help me find people who have been maintaining their grow box. I contacted Ms. Patricia Crossley who gave me the names of 6 people she knew in her area and the St. James area i could contact. After calling nearly all of them, most of them had already reaped their plants or was not willing to meet with me i contacted a Cynthia Braithwaite living in Belmont, Waterman Road. She and her husband were most delighted for me to come and meet them and to show me their garden. We set up and appointment for 4pm today. I went to the place they were very helpful to me as well, and for the small space they have it is occuped quite well. She even gave me some limes to take back home with me as she says limes are her vitamin c and economical to her to have a tree. It is 2.50 in the grocery she informed me. I also got some fern seeds to take home as well and try my hand to plant. I was invited to come back and get some tomatoes just as soon as they ripe. In addition, i had a phone interview with another lady by the name of Jane Whiskey about the grow box project and her experiences with it. Well this weekend is all about taking more pictures of some gardens, different gardens and after the summit i can make my way up to UWI and Freeport to complete two more articles.
S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment